Model of the Day: Tomica Limited Vintage 1965 Porsche 912...


It is always a joy to showcase another Tomica Limited Vintage.

When I started buying TLV's, I created a rule that if I wanted a particular casting, I would buy only one  color of that model, and not try to get all versions.  I also imposed a rule that I would stick to what I assumed TLV does best: Japanese cars.

I am usually very good about sticking to my self-imposed rules.  But TLV's have proven to be my #1 nemesis.  I own multiple versions of certain castings, and I just recently broke my second rule of Japanese cars only.

But you tell me what I am supposed to do when TLV produces not one, but two absolutely stunning German models, the Porsche 911 and 912, both from an era that I consider to be Porsche's finest.

Of course design-wise there is very little difference between the 911 and 912, so in a lot of ways I am breaking both rules.  The difference was the 912 was the entry level Porsche with a 4-cylinder engine.  So most of the difference was under the hood, and not terribly relevant to a 1:64 diecast car.

But I have two 912's and two 911's in my possession, so I am a rule breaker through and through.  But who can blame me?  The mid-60's 911 is my favorite Porsche of all time, and I am thrilled to see it here in near perfect form...

(This is where I would normally tell you that this model is available at Daboxtoys, but it is sold out.  Other TLV's are not, though.  If you are looking for the Porsches, they are here...)


Tomica Limited Vintage Porsche 912 in red:







With the TLV Porsche 911:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...