First Look: Kyosho Alfa Romeo TZ3 Corsa...


I think we will start off this post with an admission of sorts.

When I got the call from Daboxtoys a few weeks ago telling me that the new Kyosho Alfa Romeo set was in, I instantly jumped online to see what models I wanted.  The 1750 GT AM?  A no-brainer (and we will see this one showcased shortly.  Other looked interesting, but what was this TZ3 Corsa?  It looks nostalgic, so what the hell, I'm in.

The cars arrived a few days later, and the TZ3 went on the shelf, waiting its turn in the Lamley studio.  Once I took it out of its case and threw it in the studio, it became apparent this had some sexy 60's lines, but it wasn't quite the nostalgic we thought it was.  It looked more modern.  I mean look at that rear!  So I did what is the equivalent of someone admitting they listen to Kenny G...I went to wikipedia.

I fancy myself a car guy, and we at Lamley take the idea of being "car guys first, diecast collectors second" very seriously.  But occasionally we need to go to everyone's favorite encyclopedia to learn about something we didn't even know existed.

So...

Do we do a write-up about the TZ3 Corsa acting like we've known about it all along?  Or just send you to the sources we used?  A little of both.  Here is Top Gear's write-up.  Here is what we found interesting:

It is a one-off, built for a German car collector.

It's successor, the Stradale (9 built), is based on the Dodge Viper.

It pays homage to the super-sexy Zagato.

Aren't you thrilled to be in the presence of such an expert?  Uh, you're welcome...

So here is Kyosho's version, which is the closest any of you (unless you are Martin Kapp, and if so, thanks for following Lamley!) will get to it.  It really is a beautiful car, and as always, Kyosho captures it perfectly.  I like my nostalgic cars, and Alfas have some of the best classic lines out there, but I am glad I got fooled into getting this one.

Get the Kyosho TZ3 Corsa (and I would recommend red) at the Daboxtoys website or ebay store before it is just as hard to get as the real thing...


Kyosho Alfa Romeo TZ3 Corsa:









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...