First Look: Re-tooled Matchbox Isuzu Amigo...


So why has this model piqued my interest?

I have never cared one iota for the Isuzu Amigo.  Not for the real ones, and not for the Matchbox miniature.  I couldn't tell you how many versions Matchbox did of the Amigo, nor could I tell you when they stopped producing it.



But here it is.  In the 2013 basic range.  And apparently re-tooled, and has a new MAN#.  It is such a curious choice for the current basic range, and that has peaked my interest.  It might peak the interest of others as well, or at least Matchbox hopes it does.  The car is no longer made, I hardly see any on the roads, but it is cute little model, and that profile might be unique compared to other Matchbox models (and that side profile is an important element to selling these to kids).

Matchbox said there are some changes to the re-tooled casting, and they wanted to see what collectors had the keen eye to see the differences.  I would of course love to figure those changes out, but it is kind of hard when I don't have another Amigo to compare it to.  So I will post the pics, and you guys can figure it out.

So what are the changes?

(If you want an older Amigo to find out, you can get them here...)


Matchbox Isuzu Amigo (2013 Mainline):







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...