First Look: Hot Wheels Boulevard '85 Ford Bronco...


Yes, it is OJ's Bronco.  Well, at least it looks like it.  I have no idea what year the Bronco was that transported OJ on his NBA Finals-preempting adventure, but close enough.  Plus, I missed all that.  I was in Brazil from the time the murders happened until soon after the verdict was read.  Everyone who I mention that to says I was very lucky to miss that whole chapter.  I will take their word for it.

So with that aside, how about the real significance of this post.  This is sadly (very sadly) that last Lamley First Look that will be dedicated to a Hot Wheels Boulevard model.  That is a real bummer, as the line takes a bow and heads off stage.  But at least it can be proud of what turned out to be a stellar run.

For me personally it got out of the gate a little slow.  To many American classics and fantasy cars.  I did not care for the fantasy cars at all, and I liked the American classic, but was hoping for a little more variety.  And boy did it come.  Boulevard hit its peak in 2013, and here we are finishing it off with a look at this brand new Bronco.

So here is what we will do.  Let's take a look at a few pics of the Bronco.  Enjoy them (or don't), and here in a few days we will all celebrate what an awesome line Boulevard was.

The Bronco never garnered any attention from me as a kid, but that is actually what makes this model a little more appealing.  Just a bland middle-the-road car from the 80's, done up nearly perfectly by the Hot Wheels team.  I remember it from passing nonchalantly through many experiences, and here it is jogging up more than a few memories.  What do you know....

(You want this?  If you do, get it now while Wheel Collectors is offering it for 17% off, along with everything else in the store...)


Hot Wheels '85 Ford Bronco (2013 Boulevard):








The two fantastic 4x4's from the final batch of Boulevard:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...