Matchbox Monday First Look: 60th Anniversary Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Police...


I am very excited to finally have the first batch of the 60th Anniversary in hand.  They have yet to hit retailers, but dealers have them, including our Matchbox Monday Partner MVE Collectibles.  Be sure to look into their "One of Each" program, where you can order one example of each model, instead of having to buy a whole case.

We will be showcasing all six of the first batch over the next several days, but let me be self-indulgent and start with my favorite of the bunch.  The Evo X Police has been my favorite Matchbox Police casting since it was released in 2011, and I don't think I am alone in that.  It was great to see a Japanese car with a strong European presence get some attention on the line, and more importantly, see the sporty Evo take its place next to the Crown Vics and Chargers that we are used to seeing in the lineup.  Plus, coupling the Evo with the Subaru WRX Police makes for quite a pair.  Say what you will about the current direction Matchbox is taking, but I think we can all agree that Matchbox knows police cars (and there is a STUNNING Gallardo Police coming out if you need more evidence.)

Well the model hits its peak in the 60th lineup, sporting the Essex police livery and a full 4-sided deco, and it looks spectacular.  I would say it is a difinitive Matchbox model, with its non-US origin and UK livery.  I very appropriate tribute to Matchbox's roots.  It will be hard to top this one, although I am more than happy to see the team attempt it.  I have a feeling this one will be a hit with collectors, Matchbox or not, so I would surely pick one up...


Matchbox Mitsubishi Lance Evolution X Police (60th Anniversary):






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...