June 17 Matchbox Ambassador Update: New Turn Tamer and other sneaks...


Greetings collectors...

I must say I did enjoy previewing the BMW 1M last week.  It was fun for me to show off a new Matchbox model that for the most part received stellar reviews from collectors.  While everyone is surely entitled to their opinion, pleasing the masses was a nice experience.  And that is from me, the Ambassador, who had nothing to do with the selection, design, or execution of this model.  Those that were behind it were surely happy to see the response.  Nonetheless, I am as excited as most of you are about the BMW and can't wait to see it on the pegs.

In other news we are now one month away from the Matchbox Collectors Gathering of Friends in Albuquerque.  I have reserved my room, planned the route with my daughters, blocked out some time to go see Walter White's house, and even made the arrangements with Jim Gallegos to photograph the Event Models early so I can release the images as soon as they hit collector's hands.  I have a hint as to what the models will be, and if I am correct, this event is a do-not-miss for sure.  Regardless of the models, the event has been well-planned, and there is a lot to look forward to.  I hope to see many of you there.

Now on with this week's sneaks.  No, no BMW or equivalent this week, but there they are in all their glory, shown as always with permission from Mattel.

We have one new model to show this week, the MB894 Turn Tamer.  This is what Mattel was referring to earlier as the MBX Sedan.  It is the team's own design, and meant to serve as an unlicensed option when a sedan/crossover is needed.  My guess is this won't be terribly popular with collectors, but it surely serves its purpose within the Matchbox line:



Next up are a few more recolors for 2013.  You will notice the trend of clean, realistic decos continues, and I think the Land Rover Defender 110 will be popular with collectors.  Here they are:

Land Rover Defender 110

Express Delivery

Aqua King

Dodge Ram SRT10


That is it for this week.  I don't have anything to tease this week, as my time in Dallas last week did not permit me to have my normal discussion with Mattel, but I am sure more sneaks will find their way to me this week.  So I look forward just as much as the rest of you to what we will see next Monday.

Until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...