Variation Alert: The final batch of Hot Wheels Speed Machines with OH5 wheels instead of comolds...

Anytime a wheel variation is found on a model I collect, I am quick to jump.  This one is odd, however.  Here is a specific wheel variation on many models I collect, and I don't know what to make of it.

It appears that the final batch of Speed Machines has been re-released in several overseas markets with OH5 wheels in place of comolds.  They have been reported found in Singapore, Hong Kong, Austria, and Greece, and I am sure a lot more countries have yet to report.

The last batch of Speed Machines was relatively difficult to find in the US.  Not rare, but not in the main bigbox stores either.  So if you perused your local O'Reilly's or bought from overseas, you were lucky to have the set.

(Speed Machines for sale...)

Well if you are a completist, you have to go hunting again.  Here are the models that have been reported:

Lamborghini Reventon Roadster

Ferrari 550 Maranello

McLaren F1 GTR (in both red and blue)


Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Lamborghini Gallardo

Tesla Roadster

Ferrari F50

Volkswagen Scirocco (not pictured)

Nothing too spectacular, but now I go through that internal debate as to whether I pursue them of not.  Collecting can sure be annoying sometimes...

Thoughts?  Should I go after them and post photos here?  Hmmmm...

Or just stick with these?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...